The possibilities are endless as we play around with more designs for the ‘up-cycled’ RE series. Once again, using old silver bangles, this time we experimented by putting several pieces together, tying them with wire and using an interesting technique of fusing rather than soldering. The aim was for more unpredictable formations, and this was achieved by keeping the temperature high enough so that the joints of the pieces melt and fuse together. The magic touch is added when heating it further actually makes the metal molten in places. Temperature control is key to prevent total melting that would simply deform the ring. It’s a lava-inspired feeling. The result is pretty awesome! It’s chunky-biomorphic and edgy all rolled in one.
- RE Experiment – The Molten Ring
- Vintage Kimono Pouches
- The DIAZ Travel Diaries – HAWAII
- DIAZ in SilverStyles Magazine
- The DIAZ Travel Diaries – KYOTO
- Which comes first, the poop or the paper?
- The DIAZ Travel Diaries – ANGKOR WAT
- ‘Artisans d’Angkor’
- DIAZ in Post Magazine – Behind the Label
- Quote of the day